Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Signs of Fall (or maybe winter!)

I have another fun (at least, I think it's fun) science project, planned for later today, but this morning, everything is on hold, while I do a quick inventory of winter coats, hats, mittens, and the like. This is the view we woke up to today...


And, just in case you can't tell, those arrows are pointing at freshly fallen snow. It's only a little, and it's a long way from the valley floor, where we live, but even so - it's snow!

I was hoping for a few more days of summer, which we may yet get, but I think it's definitely time to get our boots in a row, so to speak. Still, it's a much better view from our driveway, than what we had earlier in the week.
Nothing puts out a forest fire like rain, and early snow.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

You must love the view from where you live. I would love to sit outside in the morning before the kids wake up and just enjoy the beauty of those mountains. Um, sorry for being so corny!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy - It's not corny at all. We do just that, all the time.

Unknown said...

I love the mountains too, but prefer a warmer climate, so I'll stick to the Smokey Mountains. (But the sheer size of your mountains makes your much more majestic than ours!)

closed said...

Love the view, ours is awesome also...we live in CO and have the rockies right at the doorstep...I dont know much about how far they go though so they could possibly be the same mountains...(: if not though they are still beautiful and its relaxing to look at such God made beauty on a daily basis...

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Whoa - I can't believe that it's so cold in Montana already. I am planning a trip to the pool for the afternoon and so not ready for the summer to end. At least the view is truly gorgeous!

Ticia said...

Wow seriously? Ummmm, it's 100 here right now.